Having a dog definitely has its ups and downs, but it’s safe to say that for most dog owners, the experience contains more ups. With that said, doggy allergies are a big problem that dog owners might find themselves experiencing that can make the relationship between dog and master a little more complicated. Even if you don’t have dog allergies yourself, someone else in your family might, and because doggy dander can exist even where the dog is not it more times than affects the entire house. This is why you might want to take a look at some hypoallergenic dogs.
What is a hypoallegenic dog you might ask? A hypoallergenic dog is more than just a mouthful, they are dogs that are known for being very allergy-friendly. If you are someone who suffers from dog allergies, then more than likely these hypoallergenic dogs are your cure. Dog allergies exist in the hair of dogs, more specifically the dander. Hypoallergenic dogs are dogs that don’t shed very much thus are very tolerant to those with dog allergies. It’s not that they don’t shed at all – they do – but the difference is astounding because of how little they actually shed.
Some of the most popular hypoallergenic dogs, like basset hounds and malteses, are also known for something other than their hair – their intelligence. A lot of hypoallergenic dogs are seemingly very intelligent. There really isn’t a correlation; it’s more of a coincidence. But if you take a look at some of the smartest dog breeds out there today, you’ll find out that a lot of them are hypoallergenic. Not only will you not have to worry about sneezing and coughing around your dog if you have allergies, but these dogs are very smart and might even surprise you with their intelligent behavior!
If you are a first-time dog owner, these are the things you have to be conscious about! Too many people go out there looking for a dog and fail to do the required research beforehand. Failing to research and educate yourself about dogs before you buy one will definitely ruin the experience, and it’s just bad for you, but it can be very bad for the dog as well.